JUDE C. EZEOBIEJESI
- A Senior Java developer who is expert in system implementation using a variety of technologies and architectures
- Extensive experience in full life cycle software development and best practices and object oriented programming.
- Extensive software and web development experience using ASP, JSP, Java, MySQL, Apache Webserver and PHP
- Strong background in algorithm design, analysis and evaluation.
- Strong relational database design and development experience.
- Solid Experience in designing and implementing asynchronous, high-performance multi-threaded large scalable systems.
- Solid understanding of system security issues.
- Experience with data mining and artificial intelligence.
- Experienced in conducting feasibility studies and structured systems analysis along with product design and implementation using object oriented technology.
- Has received training on leadership skills, conflict management, presentation skills, and business writing.
- Work experience includes "extensive development" of imaging applications and database applications.
- Team player with excellent analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of CMMI, SCAMPI and CMMI High Maturity with Statistics, RUP, SOAP, SAAS, Agile and ITIL best practices for IT services delivery and support.
- MS (Software Engineering) California State University, Fullerton - Best Graduating MSE Student, Best Graduate Student Project Award (MSE), Department Of Computer Science. 2005
- BS (Computer Science) University of Nigeria, Nsukka - Best Graduating Student, College of Physical Sciences (First Class Honors) 1987
- Certificate in Leadership, Conflict Management, Presentation Skills, and Business Writing (Loyola University, Chicago, IL), 2000
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Certified Java Programmer, Sun Microsystems Inc
Apollo Workstations, DOS, IBM PC compatible, Novell NetWare, SunOS, UNIX, MS Windows, Linux, Apache, Maven, Tomcat, JBoss
- Actute e.Reporting Suite, Borland Report Writer, CodeReview, FailSafe, MS FrontPage, NUMEGA Code Coverage Analysis, SmartCheck, TrueCoverage, Siebel 2000, CMMI, SCAMPI, Agile/Scrum, ITIL, RUP
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Couplesmax December 2013 – June 2014
Senior Web Developer (Consulting Position)
For this company’s online social networking website, I worked on the front-end, middle tier and back-end components using PHP, mySQL, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, and jQuery. The site was built using responsive design development methodology. The same code base runs on mobile devices and desktops/laptops.
Technologies used: Media Query, Apache, PHP, mySQL, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, jQuery,
Safran/MorphoTrak June – November 2013
Senior Software Engineer/Java Developer (Consulting Position)
MorphoTrak, a subsidiary of Safran, is a world leader in biometric technology. As a software engineer in the Forensics Systems Business Unit, I primarily worked on the Orange County Crime Lab (OCCL) Automatic Finger Print Identification System (AFIS) project. Some of the tasks I completed included:
-Creating preprocessing and migration scripts using Perls and Shell Script for the data migration part of the project. This involved over 6 million images and descriptors in NIST format.
-Developed and implemented Data Exchange Service (DES) simulators as well as data migration and production DES components for the OCCL project using Java, JBOSS and JMS. These DESs handle data exchange between OCCL AFIS and California Department of Justice/FBI and other remote AFISs using Secure FTP, HTTP and SOAP.
Technology used: J2EE, JMS, JBoss, Eclipse, Perl, XML, Oracle 11g
Hewlett Packard (HP) Aug. 2010 – March 2013
HP Service Manager (HP SM) is a comprehensive and fully integrated IT service management software suite that enables organizations to improve service levels, balance resources, control costs and mitigate risk exposure. Its modules include Change Management, Request Management, Knowledge Management, Catalog Foundation, Configuration Management, Incident Management and Problem Management. The project followed Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
As a developer with the SM Applications team, I performed the following:
- Built Java standalone application for tracking and reporting SM application upgrade tasks.
- Created many JSUNIT tests for the critical components of the SM product, and fitness tests to validate the UI components
- Analyzed and fixed customer encountered application defects.
- Was responsible (at some point) for our team’s application build using Apache Maven. Created ANT tasks in build.xml to track and report the build times for the various build tasks and phases of the application build process.
- Developed proof of concept applications using Flex, FlashBuilder and ActionScripts for mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Mobile etc
- As a senior developer, I helped establish coding best practices and standards for the application development team.
FreelanceOrbit January 2010 – May 2010
Senior Developer (Consulting Position)
This online project outsourcing website uses the SAAS (Software as a Service) delivery method to enable project sponsors list and manage their projects and provide consultants a platform to showcase their skills, bid on projects and manage their accounts.
- I handled the migration of their initial codebase that was written in object oriented Perl (mod_perl) to PHP.
- Installed and configured Apache, PHP and mySQL database for their website.
- Created the mySQL database and designed the schema for their SQL tables.
- Built the core PHP classes that drive the website.
Jenin Corporation October 2008 – December 2009
Senior Developer (Consulting Position)
Designed and built an ecommerce website for Jenin Corporation online store using Apache, PHP, MySQL and osCommerce.
For Jenin Corporation, I performed the following:
- Installed and configured Apache, PHP and mySQL for the company's e-commerce website.
- Created the mySQL database and the tables for the website
- Created all the web pages, implemented interfaces to USPS and UPS web services to obtain real-time postage quotes.
- Implemented the shopping cart module and the interfaces to PayPal for credit card processing
- Used PHP Report tool (PHP classes, XML documents, and XSLT transformations) to generate custom reports that reflect data stored in mySQL database (sales reports, website usage statistics and affiliate program custom reports).
- Used CSS and HTML to customize the appearance of the reports
Capital Group Inc. March 2002 – Sept.2008
Senior Software Engineer(Consulting Position)
For this large financial investment firm, I worked for the Front Office Reporting (FOR), ACES and Broker Commission teams. FOR is a reporting system for the Capital Group Front Offices. It generates and distributes reports for the Portfolio Review System (PRS), Fixed Income Portfolio System (FIPS), Order Processing System (OPS), and Compliance System. Used by investment and portfolio managers, the FOR reports detail Capital Group’s 30 mutual funds and several hundred trust accounts.They include SEC and corporate-wide guidelines compliance, order processing, assets, and financial manager result reports.
For Capital Group Inc
- Redesigned ACES Application using Object Oriented Perl to make the application more robust.
- Designed, developed, deployed and supported many of the CG’s customized client financial analysis and reports using Object Oriented Perl and Sybase database.
- Designed and coded Perl classes (packages) that accessed SQL databases and others classes that performed specialized utility functions such as centralized error handling. These Perl classes were instantiated by client Perl scripts to retrieve data from the database, create customized reports for CG clients and handle error messages.
- Created a tutorial on object oriented development with Perl and trained other ACES development team members on object oriented development using Perl.
- Created some of the JSP and Java Servlet Modules for Capital Group ISER Production Support Web site
- Modified existing FOR reports by making changes to SQR files and Sybase stored procedures to implement new functionalities or enhance existing ones to satisfy end user requests.
- Optimized some existing stored procedures and re-designed others to improve performance.
- Provided on call production support to FOR, ACES, Broker Comm. applications and resolve any production problems on a daily basis
- Worked with CG clients to understand their requirements for electronic delivery of daily trade data for their various portfolios. Translate equity trade notifications into the client's specified format and provide a single trade notification file to the client to enable them populate their internal investment accounting systems automatically. Design, code, test and implement the electronic trade files using Perl Script on UNIX and implement the electronic transmission of the files to CG client via FTP.
- Worked with other team members to fine tune and enhance batch processes to ensure minimum job failures.
- Built UNIX shell scripts to perform database functions such as BCP.
- Created and implemented java server pages and servlets that interface with autorep job scheduler to generate job status information published on production support web site.
- Was involved in the evaluation of CG data warehouse development project using the Netezza technology and SQL Server.
Technologies used: Object Oriented Perl, SQR, CSH (shell) scripts, VI editor, Autorep (the reporting tool that is part of Autosys job scheduler), C/C++ using GCC, Java, JSP, Servlets, SQL Server, and Sybase in a UNIX environment for 6+ years.
Cedars Sinai Medical Center Jan – Feb 2002
Senior Software Engineer (Consulting Position)
For this Medical Center, I enhanced, and tested the Physician Credential System (PCS), which enables users to store, view, search, and update physician information and generate reports. The system comprises three engines: search, update, and report. The search engine enables users to input combinations of search criteria, and the update engine is used to modify, add, and archive information in the SQL Server 2000 database. The report engine was developed using Crystal Reports.
- I enhanced the system architecture and GUI, and performed implementation and quality assurance testing. I also performed database administration functions including establishing new user accounts and setting up database roles.
Technologies used: I used Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server 2000, and Crystal Reports in a Windows NT Environment.
In-Touch Communications (ITC) Oct – Dec.,2001
Senior System Architect
I worked for this regional telecommunication firm in the development of the Customer Sales and Service (CSS) system to automate customer service, sales, and marketing functions. Based on Siebel Call Center, MidMarket edition, the system is used by 375 payment centers to credit customer payments, and by over 60 ITC representatives to create accounts and orders, authorize credit card transactions, verify addresses, identify payment centers closest to customers, and generate reports. In addition, the system supports team sales with call scripts. Specifically, I:
- Gathered requirements for, implemented, and deployed eight reports using MS SQL Server 2000 stored procedures, Actuate Report Object Designs (ROD), and Siebel Report Object Libraries. The reports provide details on commissions, orders/sales, retention statistics, payment reconciliations, and payment center procurement and sales
- Implemented a Visual Basic interface for reports that required a custom selection mechanism not available in the Actuate e.Reporting Suite (which ITC was using) and integrated them with the ROD files using Actuate Requester API. I also implemented a feature that enables users to export report data to an Excel spreadsheet as part of the report generation process
Technologies used: SQL 2000, Visual Basic, Siebel CRM, Actuate Reporting API
Peter Martin Associates (PMA) May – Sept., 2001
Senior System Architect (Consulting Position)
For this developer of software for social service agencies, I developed the Universal DataLoader application for FACTORS/SA, a PMA product that provides family-centered case management solutions. System integrators use the DataLoader to import data from proprietary agency databases into FACTORS’ Oracle database. The DataLoader comprises five modules (i.e. Job Planner, Job monitor, Parser/Scrubber, Loader, and Reports) and maintains onscreen exception logs and statistical tables from which customized reports are generated. Specifically, I:
- Gathered and documented technical and functional specifications, and designed and developed each system module
- Conducted object-oriented development, which entailed encapsulating all FACTORS database tables into reusable objects (classes) and all database operations into a Database Helper class
- Implemented functional modules as classes using Object Pascal, Borland Delphi 5.0, ADO, and Oracle 8 on Windows 2000. I used datasets to move data between the Access and Oracle databases and various functional modules
- Assisted the QA team in developing a test plan
Technologies used: Object Pascal, Toad, Delphi, Oracle 8.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) (Sept. 2000 – March, 2001)
Web Developer (Consulting Position)
Technologies used: JSP, Java, Oracle 8, Jaguar CTS, HTML, Solaris OS.
Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc. March. – August, 2000
Assigned to this quick service restaurant leader, I participated in the development of TriYumf, a client/server application with a Visual Basic front end and SQL Server database. The software, a complete Back-of-house Global Restaurant Information Management System, is used to track sales, expenses, inventory, etc and translates data in multiple foreign languages. The system uses about 150 in-house COM components, mostly designed to fit into Microsoft’s framework. It also uses three database schemas, with several hundred tables and over 1000 stored procedures. The development environment comprised Microsoft Windows NT, SQL Server 7.0, and Visual Basic 6.0. I:
- Re-implemented the Cash Management Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) to comply with TriYumf GUI standards
- Developed middle tier ActiveX objects and TriYumf custom ActiveX controls
- Developed and applied scripts to the TriYumf Database for Multiple Language Support and parameter driven user messages
Technologies used: COM, DCOM, ActiveX, Visual Basic, SQL Server.
Financial Network Investment Corporation (FNIC) Nov. 1999 – Feb., 2000
- Implemented middle-tier MTS components in Visual Basic 6.0 and SQL Server 7.0 stored procedures on Windows NT
Sony Pictures Nov. 1988 – Nov., 1999
For this major producer and distributor of films, I participated in the development of Rights Management and International TV Sales Management (RM/ITSM) application, a new Web-based system that manages the acquisition and sale of distribution rights for filmed products in all media worldwide. RM/ITSM, which uses n-tier client/server architecture, was developed with CORBA, a Java front end, and a Sybase back end, along with Jaguar CTS for transaction management. The application was deployed using an MDI Java Applet jar within an HTML Page. I:
- Implemented many of RM/ITSM’s functional components, for which I created required Java classes in all the layers (GUI, SmartAgents, CORBA boundary components, and data, business, and persistent objects)
- Performed integration builds, handled browser deployment, and designed the IDL files for the CORBA stubs as well as skeletons for the Jaguar components using Jaguar Manager
- Helped design the GUI classes using Jbuilder 3.0 and assisted with different tiers of other RM/ITSM functional pillars
Technologies used: JSP, Java, Oracle 8, Jaguar CTS, CORBA, HTML, Solaris OS.
Cendant Mobility Services Feb 1998 – Nov., 1998
For the world's largest corporate relocation agency, I enhanced the Employee Profile System (EPS), which consists of ActiveX security components that are instantiated by all Cendant software applications to track and manage user access privileges. The enhancements help managers enforce corporate policy in regards to security issues and password changes across multiple SQL Servers, including length and reuse of passwords, locking user accounts after a predetermined number of login failures, and logging and tracking failed login attempts. The SQL Server passwords were encrypted and managed in such a way that users can only login to the SQL Server via the security component. I:
- Implemented new Visual Basic classes and rebuilt the core ActiveX components (security and employee profile ActiveX objects
- Helped fine-tune the functional requirements and develop use cases, and coded all the Visual Basic classes needed to implement the use cases
- Enhanced the employee profile ActiveX component to enable authorized personnel to lock and unlock user accounts and set the password life span
- Enhanced the user interfaces of the components
- Helped prepare the test plan document, and tested the use cases against expected results
- For Cendant’s Quality Assurance Department, I:
- Developed a number of applications and was responsible for the daily operations of SQL Servers
- Developed an automation database object that was integrated with QA automation test scripts to validate and compare the actual database contents with the values expected to be in the database. The object enables analysts to access a database, select a pre-change copy of the data for comparison, select criteria for the comparison, and perform the comparison after changes to the GUI end-user products
- Implemented an ActiveX object that exposes methods and properties for database tables to be checked after the execution of a use case. To accomplish this, I used ActiveX automation, ADO, Visual Basic 5.0, SQL Server 6.5, and SQA Suite for Quality Assurance
- Developed a utility that enables the customization of QA automation test reports, enabling QA analysts to select the fields and the order they should appear on the report. The utility builds SQL Queries automatically and generates reports in Excel
- Created an ActiveX object that provides methods and properties for interfacing with an SQA database and Excel Automation Object, and developed it using ActiveX automation, ADO, Visual Basic 5.0, MS Access, SQA Suite for QA, and MS Excel
- Developed a Web-based utility for generating and customizing reports from the SQA Defects Database. The utility provides the option of generating the report in either HTML or Excel, and based on the user’s input, builds queries, filters, and report layouts automatically. I used ASP, Remote Scripting, ActiveX, VB Script, J-Script, Visual InterDev, IIS, and MS FrontPage
- Maintained 22 500 MB databases that were consolidated into eight 7.5GB databases, serving as the Database Administrator. I handled backup and restore operations, managed user accounts, and performed database objects scripting
- Administered SQL Servers on multiple Windows NT Servers, handling database administrative functions that included creating database devices, databases, and new user logins
- Set up user accounts and permissions, downloaded multiple 7.5 GB databases from a remote location, built new databases from them, resolved Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) problems, resolved process-blocking problems, and provided technical support to users
Technologies used: ASP, Remote Scripting, ActiveX, VB Script, J-Script, Visual InterDev, IIS, and MS FrontPage
SEI Internal Projects Nov. 1997 – Jan., 1998
Senior System Analyst
I was involved in the development of a corporate intranet site, which features consultant skills and resumes database as well as an electronic internal documents library.Users can search for consultant resumes by specific skill sets, and access reference proposals and other company documents using a keyword search.The site also generates and tracks visitation and usage, as well as graphical representations of site activity.I:
- Implemented the skills and keyword search functions using Index Data Query (IDQ), HTML extensions, and CGI scripts
- Used Index Server, Internet Information Server, SQL Server, and HTML to implement the site, and developed activity reports using ASP and Crystal Web Reports