Durdhana Sheraz Jafar
§ Seven plus years of IT experience in 24x7 Oracle Database Administration (8i/9i/10g/11g) which includes designing, developing, deploying, managing and tuning of databases on SUN Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX and Windows operating systems.
§ Experience in Upgradation and Migration of Oracle Database and Application from standalone system to RAC environment.
§ Installed and configured Oracle Server 10g standalones and RAC software on UNIX and Linux platforms.
§ Experience in installing and configuring Real Application Cluster (RAC) environment with Auto Storage Management (ASM) on Oracle 10g/11g.
§ Successfully implemented Physical Standby Database using Oracle DATAGUARD feature for High availability configuration.
§ Installed and Configured OEM Grid control and deployed agents on managed targets.
§ Extensive experience in applying PSU/CPU, 1-OFF patches.
§ Configured Bi directional streams to achieve table level replication using oracle streams.
§ Experienced in OEM’s Top Sql, Top Session, GRID, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, EXPLAIN_PLAN, Flash Back queries, Export/Import, Data Pump, Tkprof utilities, Toad, Spot light.
§ Excellent skills in performance tuning, backup & recovery activities (RMAN), installation and upgrade of database, replication (Materialized Views), disk management, maintenance and application support.
§ Extensive experience in business analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of Oracle 8i/9i/10g Client/Server Application Development.
§ Delivering Oracle Database performance-tuning services for customers with EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL*TRACE, ORADEBUG, 10gOEM Grid Monitoring custom scripts troubleshooting oracle databases using SQL*Trace utilities.
§ Experience in Undo management, list partitioning and range partitioning.
§ Experience in using OEM, TOAD, Data Migrations using export/import, Data Pump, benchmarking using load testing tools, also experience in ETL tools.
§ Work with system administrator to resolve OS level issues. Work with the network administrator to resolve networking issues. Develop backup and recovery strategies. Interact with the users on a daily basis, to get performance feedbacks.
§ Strong technical background and excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
§ Highly motivated, self-starter, detail oriented, able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
§ Oracle 10g Certified Professional.
§ Oracle Performance Tuning 9i from SQL * International.
Bachelors in Engineering, Madras University Chennai, India 2003
Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL SERVER 2005, 2008.
HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.1, 5.2,
Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x and Windows 95/98/NT/2000/2003.
SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl scripting.
RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, EXPDP, IMPDP, TOAD.
TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ADDM, AWR, ASH.
Erwin 4.0, Rational rose.
HTML, XML, RDA.
EMC, Net App, VERITAS Net Backup, TSM, HP Data Protector.
TARGET CORPORATION – Minneapolis MN Mar 09 – Aug 2010
§ 24x7 Production database administration, support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database issues.
§ Installing 9i, 10g and 11g databases on SOLARIS and HP-UX and Migration of Database from 9i to 10g and applying patches whenever required.
§ Configured, implemented and Maintaining 2 node Oracle 11g/10g RAC, Data Guard with ASM disk.
§ Installed & Configured Oracle Grid Repository, Agents & Plug-ins for monitoring various applications.
§ Upgradation from 9i RAC to 10g RAC and RAC production administration, lock monitoring and troubleshooting, package migration to production RAC database.
§ Configured Bi directional streams to achieve table level replication.
§ Setting up physical and logical standby database / data guard at DR site for operational recovery.
§ Installed OEM grid control on Linux and scheduled jobs, gather statistics, patches, upgrading the agents, security patches and alerting.
§ Performed quarterly CPU/PSU patches from Oracle and implement them across all environments in coordination with the end users.
§ Expert in installation, upgrade, Applying Patches, configuration, backup, recovery.
§ Monitoring the Hit Ratios and tuning the System Global Area (SGA) accordingly.
§ Performing Daily Health Check Up of the Databases. Monitoring the operating system response in terms of CPU usage, disk space, and swap space by using various UNIX utilities like SAR, VMSTAT, ISOSTAT and TOP.
§ Advanced Performance tuning and monitoring of Databases through v$ views, Statspack, ADDM, AWR etc.
§ Testing the Disaster Recovery/Graceful Switch over once a year for all the applications.
§ Expert in using RMAN for various backups, failures, recover & Tape Restores.
§ Monitor and optimize database performance using Oracle GRID, Unix Shell Scripts, and Alerts for uptime/downtime statuses, Long running Queries, sizing issues, which ensures Maximum availability for Multiple Oracle databases.
§ Implemented Auto Undo management, list partitioning, and range partitioning.
§ Contact Oracle Worldwide for technical support if assistant required with proper verity.
§ Responsible for Allocating Application storage space and planning future storage requirements for the database systems.
§ Co-ordinate with Business Analysts to Design and Develop Functionalities to meet Business Requirements and SLA’s.
§ Experience in Installation and configuration of Application servers, Web Servers and Process Schedulers.
Environment: Oracle 10gR2/11g, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, HP-UX, Sun Solaris, OEM (Grid Control), RMAN, RAC and Dataguard, ASM, SCP/SFTP, TKPROF, Explain Plan, Metal ink, AWR, ADDM, SQL* Plus, PL/SQL, SQL* Loader, Data Pump, Putty.
POINTRIGHT, BOSTON, MA Nov 07 – Mar 09
Sr Oracle DBA
- Involved and Configured Oracle 10gR2 database instance running across two oracle RAC nodes on Red Hat Linux 4 Server.
- Work with RAC pre-installation tasks, like hardware requirements, software requirements, and environment configuration.
- Configuration of RAC database with help of Enterprise manager agent on each cluster node.
- Creating and defining redo log files and undo tablespaces for RAC environments.
- Setting up the primary and Standby databases for availability using Oracle Data Guard.
- Worked on Replication and Mirroring of Databases.
- Using Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for various maintenance tasks like backing up of database, restoration and recovery of database.
- Importing and exporting files, databases, schemas and tables using SQL loader and utilities like Import, Export and Data Pump features of Oracle database 10g.
- Performed database Upgradation, Migration from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- Involved in designing and creating schema objects like Database tables, indexes, views, and synonyms.
- Granting and Revoking privileges and roles to the users on different objects depending on their work requirement and providing the necessary security to the database.
- Performed capacity planning and sizing of databases based on input from business.
- Production Support and Database Monitoring for performance of Databases.
- Monitoring the Alert Logs and User Trace Files for improving database performance and detecting any suspicious activities.
- Tuning the Pl/SQLs for faster execution and better performance of the Database.
§ Tuning database server and application logic for performance improvement by using Explain Plan and TKPROF.
§ Table Partitioning, Creating Index Organized tables, Creating Locally managed Tablespaces to improve the performance.
§ Interacted with oracle PL/SQL developers in developing efficient applications
§ Generation of the AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) Reports and using them for tuning the database.
- Creation of Shell Scripts to automate the Data Loading process and for automation of various Database-Monitoring activities.
- Hands on experience working with Oracle Grid Control Environment.
- On call 24X7 Production Support.
§ Functional And Technical Documentation, Change Control of all the Database changes.
Environment: Oracle 10gR2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, Toad9.0, Oracle Enterprise Manager, RAC, Exp/Imp, Data Guard, Grid Control.
Quest Diagnostics, NJ July 06 – Nov 07
- Installation, Configuration & Maintained, Upgraded Multiple Oracle Instances.
- Responsible for Administration of multiple 300-500 GB size database accessed by 1500 concurrent users.
- Provided 24x7 support in Multiple Time Zones along with a Team of 5 DBA’s.
- Monitoring, Tuning of Databases, Query Tuning, using Stats pack, Explain plan and Tkprof Utilities
- Created UNIX Shell Scripts and used Cron, OEM for day-to-day Database monitoring and maintenance.
- Backup and Recovery procedures using RMAN.
- Creating and Managing Schema Objects, Storage Allocation, Rollback segments management, Tablespaces and Data files.
- Defragmentation of Databases which saved Lot of space for Future Application Growth.
- Co-Ordination with Application Developers on Database Issues, Including Index Design, Creation and alteration of Tables, Views, Indexes.
- Created automated scripts for Database backup using logical (import/export) and Physical (Hot-Online backup) methods with tools like OEM, RMAN.
- Implemented Disaster Recovery methods for Business Critical Applications.
- Played a key Role in all Projects of Oracle and evaluating any New Software.
§ Defragmentation of Oracle Database.
§ Responsible for Oracle Security, User Access Management.
§ Implemented Backup Solutions for Oracle Databases.
§ Expert in resolving CRS and Node failure issues.
- Managing Oracle Net Configuration, monitoring Alert Log Files, Listener Log, Redo Log status, rollback segments and trace files for the databases.
- Database and analyzing STATSPACK Report at regular intervals to ensure good database performance.
- Support the Oracle Database activities in UNIX environment for the application.
- Dataguard- Physical Standby implementation in ORACLE9i.
- Creation of new Korn scripts to automate the procedures to generate statistics on database space management, performance and for proactive monitoring.
- Used SQL Loader * for data import from remote databases
Environment: Oracle 9.x/8.x/7.3.4, RAC, OEM, Grid Control, RMAN, DBCA, Data Guard, Putty, XML, TOAD 8.1, Erwin, UNIX, Linux 4.0.
Matrix International Logistics, Inc., Washington, D.C. May 05 – July 06
§ Installed, Configured, Maintained and supported Oracle databases on HP UX and Windows NT/2000 platforms.
§ Led DBA team of three and contributed support to thirty-five members of PeopleSoft development team.
§ Performing refreshes, security setup, configuring and setting up database.
§ Configured LDAP and publishing server between PeopleSoft and reporting applications.
§ Perform patch updates, reorganization, and row re-sequencing and change control procedures.
§ Converted PeopleSoft databases from non-Unicode to Unicode and installed/configured to support for LAM, North America, Asia pacific, Japan and Europe.
§ Supported and upgraded databases for PeopleSoft Upgrade.
§ Cloned PeopleSoft and other databases for different environments.
§ Provided training and technical guidance to Database Administrators.
§ Responsible to provide a status report to Higher Management on all Projects
§ Improve application run time by building optimal indexes, gathering object statistics, analyze objects and using parallel query.
§ Setup Replication using Materialized views for replicating data
§ Database refreshes, environment configurations, and troubleshooting.
§ Responsible for taking Backups and Recovery process for Production Database.
§ Involved and conducted several knowledge transfer sessions on Database Administration, Architecture, New Features, and Maintenance Process Manual to Team Members.
§ Responsible for creating Test Oracle Application instances for development and test environments.
Environment: HP UX 11.x, Windows NT/2000, HP-9000, Oracle Enterprise Server 9i/8i/8.x, Oracle 9IAS, SVRMGR, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS 9.x/8.x, OEM, SQL*Loader, Shell Scripting, Perl, Apache, Toad.
InfoTech Enterprises Limited, Hyderabad, India Jan 03 – Apr 05
- Oracle Installation, patch application, migration of databases to newer releases of Oracle
- Monitored server disk space, database performance, replication, backups and scheduled tasks.
- Production and Development support for an Oracle 8i database.
- Created and managed an Oracle 8i database/instance and rollback segments.
- Set up and administered table spaces, data files, tables, indexes, views and sequences.
- Configured and managed users, security and redo logs.
- Performed backup and recovery for both hot and cold backups without using RMAN.
- Creating primary database objects such as tables, views, sequences, triggers, and indexes.
- Daily monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database to ensure that database resource such as tablespaces, memory configuration, sessions, archive files, etc, are in their proper status.
- Performing backup and recovery procedures to include exporting and importing of the database.
- Performed full, tablespace and data file recoveries with the database open and closed.
- Creating user accounts and appropriate privileges as well as maintaining database security.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, to support activities of application developers.
- Created Database storage structures Data Tablespace, Index Tablespace.
- Created/Altered/Modified database objects.
- Performed Physical backup (hot and cold) as well as Logical backup (Export/Import).
- Proactively managed the databases; set up alarms for managing any exceptions in day to day management of the databases; pre-empted and prevented issues disasters from happening.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i, SQL, PL/SQL, Win NT/Unix, Sun Solaris, Toad, Fog Light, Spotlight, VERITAS Volume Manager, MS SQL Server 2000, Crystal Reports, PC-Duo. Red hat Linux, Sql Server 6.5, Metaframe.