Ø Over 7 years of experience in IT industry, including 6+ years of system administration experience in IBM WebSphere Portal Server and IBM WebSphere Application Server, over the full life cycle including analysis, maintenance, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, testing, documentation, implementation and user training/support. And one year of J2EE experience on Windows and Linux environments.
Ø IBM WebSphere and Portal administration expert, with primary expertise in installing, Upgrading, and configuration of WebSphere Application Server 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x and Web sphere Portal Server 5.x/6.x on Linux, AIX, Solaris and Windows Platform.
Ø Adept in Deployment of Applications, Migration, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, Security Management, Workload Management and Wsadmin Scripting using JACL/JYTHON in Web sphere application Servers and Portal Server administration.
Ø Expert in WebSphere cluster Management including horizontal and vertical scaling and creation of nodes to avoid single point of failure and distribute user load for maximum availability.
Ø Experienced in the areas of installation, configuration of IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.x through custom and Application server profiles and implementing WLM clusters
Ø Provided HA solutions for J2EE containers like WebSphere Application Server.
Ø Implemented SSL security between client, web server & application server, expertise in creating Certificate Signing Request as well as importing certificates into keystores.
Ø Experienced in using external security manager Truepass/SAS TAM for user authentication and global sign on. Installed, Configured and enabled TAI on WebSphere.
Ø Configured IHS Web Server V6.x/7.x and created Web Server Definition in WebSphere Application Server V6.x admin console for web server Plug in management.
Ø Enabled Security features using LDAP user registry and LTPA for authentication and authorization privileges for Admin console and application components on both UNIX and Windows platforms.
Ø Experience in Digital certificates, installation and CSR generation for implementing SSL secure communication using ikeyman utility. Performed Name based and IP based virtual hosts for setting up multiple domains for different applications.
Ø Expertise in jacl/jython scripts and shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere Application server and recovered the back-up WebSphere configuration using xml config tool.
Ø Hands on experience in migrating the existing configuration and applications from Portal V5.1 to Portal V188.8.131.52.
Ø Configured Portal with backend database Oracle and DB2 and transfer for portal databases from Cloudscape to DB2.
Ø Excel in Configuring Portal with LDAP for user authentication and securing Portal resources
Ø Expertise in installing and setting up Portal WCM and Setting up WCM and Web Content Management cluster.
Ø Performed WCM Authorizing and rendering Server installation and created syndication between WCM servers.
Ø In-depth Knowledge in configuring and enabling Portals Search, WCM, Document, Management and other functionalities.
Ø Created Portal users and groups and assigned them the access permissions in Web Sphere Portal Server.
Ø Expert level knowledge in creating and managing Portal resources like Pages, labels, and URLs.
Ø Experienced in maintenance of the Web servers on different UNIX platforms (AIX, Linux and Solaris), Windows environment and setting up the, testing, staging, and Production environments.
Ø Installed Fix packs, Cumulative Fixes and interim fixes for WebSphere Application servers and Portal Servers at least yearly twice.
Ø Experienced in configuring WebSphere resources such as data sources, libraries, plug-in, virtual host, variables, web server and JVM parameters.
Ø Expert level proficiency in working with troubleshooting such as IBM Support Assistant (Heap analyzer, IBM core analyzer, IBM pattern modeling tool).
Ø Performance tuning and monitoring using Tivoli Performance Viewer and various monitoring tools, performed analysis, tracing and debugging issues.
Ø Support Production implementations and resolve any production problems. Support application production releases, monitor Production environment, tune production environment, Participate in production problem calls, resolved any problems related to Middleware.
Ø Provided 24x7 on-call support of middleware applications as part of rotating team coverage.
Ø Versatile team player with excellent analytical, communication and inter Personal Skills.
Ø IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.1.
Middleware IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x/6.x/5.x/4.x, Portal 5.1x IBM, MQ Series 5.3/5.0, ATG 5.0/6.3, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Oracle AS, WCM.
Hardware/OS UNIX, IBM AIX , HP-UX ,Z/OS, Red Hat Linux,, Windows 95/98/NT/2K and 2003, z/VM, z/Linux
Monitoring Tools Tivoli Performance Viewer, Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Wiley Introscope, Tivoli Federated Identity Manager, Tivoli Access Manager.
Java/J2EE Tech XML, XSL, Applets, AWT, J2EE 1.2/1.3, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, RMI, EJB, AJAX, JNDI, JMS, SOAP
Database Oracle 9i/8i/7.x, DB2 UDB 7.x/6.x, SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, MS Access 97/2000
Protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, SOAP, FTP, WINSOCK, SMTP, POP, DHCP, POP3, DNS, UDP, NFS, DHCP, LDAP, RMI/IIOP, SOAP, WSDL.
Web Servers iPlanet, IBM HTTP, IIS, Apache
Scripting Shell Script, JACL/JYTHON Script and WSADMIN
Microsoft Tools PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, MS Visio
Client: Chrysler, Detroit, MI Sep 2008 – Present
Role: WebSphere Application Server Administrator and Distributed Middleware group
· Install, configure and maintain Internet and Intranet Applications on WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, HTTP Server, Site minder on diverse UNIX flavors that includes AIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows Platforms (NT/2000) in a multi clustered high availability environments.
· providing 24/7 support to more than 500 application on development, Test and Production environments related to functional regression
· Installation of adapter drivers and configuration with applications on test and Production environments
· Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server 6.x/7.x and HTTP Webserver 6.0/6.1 server on Aix, Linux and Solaris.
· Package, build, Integrate and deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 6.0.x/6.1.x that involves EAR (Enterprise Archives) and WAR (Web Archives).
· Worked on migrating Java applications deployed on WebSphere Application server from Solaris 9.x to RedHat Linux 4.x.
· Worked on migrating Java applications deployed on WebSphere Application server from Aix 5.4 to RedHat Linux 4.x.
· Developed many scripts and mainly shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere and recovered the backed up WebSphere configuration using XML Configuration tool.
· Automate application install, uninstall and application enhancements through Shell scripts.
· Involved in trouble shooting and performance tuning using Resource Analyzer and Log Analyzer.
· Managed the security and performance optimizations for EJB containers and web applications in IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and Apache web server.
· Ensure application dependencies are integrated on system level components such as database, Data Source Name (DSN), and Application Server connection pooling (DB2) including identification and documentation.
· Configuration of Virtual host, default host alias. (IP address and DNS configuration)
· Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for WebSphere Application Servers
· Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x, 6.x, JDBC drivers and Servlet engines along with trouble shooting and recovery on AIX, Solaris and Linux.
· Applied software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current. (DST patches, cumulative fixes, security fixes)
· Responsible for application changes across different platforms- development, testing and production.
· Developed UNIX shell scripts to automate the WebSphere Administration (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc).
· Involved in configuring the Web Directory access protocols like LDAP for different levels of access at the site.
· Configure SSL keys for Webserver security and authentication
· Successfully deployed Enterprise application for more than 100 applications on test and Production environments. Used GUI and command line for configuration of EAR files.
· Dealing with Archival commands and running backups such as backup, restore, compressing, tar, and dd.
· Installed and Configured WebSphere Portal Server in a multi node and multi database environment
· Configured the portal to use IBM DB2 enterprise database (Transfer Database from default cloudscape) to be supported in production environment.
· Configured Access control list for authorized access based on users, groups, content, rules etc.
· Performed Portal Administration like portlet deployments, J2EE deployments, setting up users, set up security
· Involved in monitoring, shutdown and boot up, Network Support and Trouble Shooting. Worked in Big IP environments
· Worked closely with Project Managers, development, testing and production team to align project deliverables, dates and report issues/concerns.
· Created documentation for installation, configuration and troubleshooting. Which are useful for middleware team during on call support.
· Participate in an on-call support rotation for 24x7 application support
Environment: IBM WebSphere AppServer6.1.x/6.0.x/5.1.x/4.x, IBM Httpd Servers, CICS, Site minder, Linux, Solaris, AIX, Solaris, Linux, Oracle,DB2, EJB, JACL, JDK, J2EE, JNDI, IIS6, WSAD, IBM Visual Age for Java 4.0, PL/SQL, i-planet.
Client: Bank of America, Jacksonville, Florida Jul 2007 – Aug 2008
Role: WebSphere Administrator
· Installed WebSphere 5.x/6.x,Jboss 4.0.2 in Dev/QA/Prod environments, Deployed applications in all the environments.
· Deployed the applications in formats of WAR, JAR, and EAR
· Installed and configured Apache Web server in various environments.
· Worked closely with the SA architect and JBoss architect to validate JBoss 4.2.x build in a VMware, Red hat Linux 5.0 environment
· Documented installation procedures, deployment guides, trouble shooting guide for JBoss Administration.
· Migrating the applications from WebSphere 5.x to JBoss 4.0.x and 4.2.x
· Worked closely with the development team to determine how the application will utilize the application services (JDBC pools, JMS, Security). Responsible for understanding application environment and changes in order to tune JBoss memory parameters in support of application stability.
· Worked with monitoring team to ensure that proper metrics are monitored and alerted. Analyze metric data to ensure capacity planning is properly managed
· Tuning the JBoss Server parameters by running load test on the server using JProbe tool.
· Configured and administered JBoss server with Oracle10g database.
· Deployed the applications on multiple JBoss/WebSphere instances and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality.
· Monitored the environments using Jython scripts for fail over of servers, health checks, parameter monitoring.
· Configured and administered Connection pools for JDBC connections.
· Configured LDAP using Netscape directory Server for user authentication.
· Developed Python scripts extensively to automate day to day tasks.
· Developed scripts for collecting online metric data of server in production environment.
· Tweaking JVM parameters in production environment by collecting metric data using verbosegc parameters.
· Created crone jobs for metric collection and booting of the servers on machine reboots.
· Developed ANT build scripts, UNIX shell scripts and automated deployment process.
· Trouble shooting of WebSphere server issues in production.
· Supported application teams in fixing the performance issues in production environments.
· Involved in capacity planning of servers in production environment.
· Installing, Configuring, troubleshooting WebSphere Application server 6.0, and installation of fix packs.
· Supporting, monitoring all Applications at Development, Testing and Production environments.
· Deploying application in WAS using admin Console and also through scripts.
· Configured web servers ports and virtual host based on network load balanced URL’s.
· Installed and maintained multiple IBM HTTP server instances and managed WAS plug-in configurations.
· Upgraded Applications with various patch files (JSP's, Class files, changing various properties and property files)
· Troubleshooting various problems in different stages of development using log files and with coordination from development teams.
· Involved in tuning troubleshooting application using wily Introscope.
· Fully automated the build process using ANT script and wsadmin (Jython).
· Monitoring WAS performance through Tivoli Performance Viewer and tuning the system - caching, queuing, JVM parameters, DB Connection Pooling.
· Wrote Shell and XML build scripts for various automations and reports, etc.
· Diagnosis and repair of the WebSphere Environment. Assisted developers with the diagnosis and repair of WebSphere Applications.
· Implemented industry leading Project Management practices to enhance the efficiency.
· Worked with a Team for Stress tests, Performance tests and identified the bottlenecks of the applications, and set up various monitoring alerts using Wily Introscope 6.
· Performance tuned the applications by implementing horizontal and vertical scaling.
· Configure SSL for Web Servers and LDAP Security for WebSphere using IBM Directory server.
· On-call Production Support (24x7), monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications in Development and Test and Production Environments.
Environment: JBoss 4.0.2, 4.2.x, WebSphere Server 5.x/6.x, Ant 1.5.1, IBM Http Server, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, LDAP, JDBC, XML, Oracle 10g, Solaris, Red Hat Linux, CVS
Client: Citi Group, NJ Mar 2006– June 2007
Role: WebSphere Application Server Administrator.
- Installed, configured, administered, troubleshoot, tuned WAS ND on NT, AIX, Solaris and windows platforms for multiple high profile projects
- Installing, Configuring, and troubleshooting WebSphere Portal Server and installation of fix packs
- Supporting, monitoring all Applications at Development, Testing and Production environment
Deploying application in Portal Server on Linux using admin Console and also through scripts
- Deployed application EAR’s on WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment in QA, Pre-production and Production environments on a daily basis and troubleshot various configuration and application issues
- Workload management using WebSphere Modeling and Clustering on Application Servers.
Diagnosis and repair of the WebSphere & Portal Environment.
- Assisted developers with the diagnosis and repair of WebSphere Applications.
- Profiled all the J2EE Applications and worked with Application Development, and QA teams to resolve possible performance issues, bugs before deploying in Production
- Problem determination using local error logs and by running user traces and service traces.
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application DB and WAS administration DB. Backup of configuration files.
- Implemented creation of Server groups and clusters in WebSphere Application server.
- Administered, configured, tuned, and troubleshot WebSphere in a clustered environment
- Utilized skills in shell, and wsadmin JACL/JYTHON scripting to automate deploying, updating applications, migrating data and automating batch jobs.
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, and Java Mail sessions. Deployed Session and Entity EJBs in WebSphere.
- Implemented a migration from WebSphere Application Serve Base to Network Deployment as well as a 5.0 to 5.1 upgrade
- Troubleshooted problem-tickets, worked with developers to identify the root cause and resolve the issue or propose a potential work around
- Effectively interacted with the users on a daily basis, decreasing downtime and increasing user productivity.
- 24x7 on-site operations support for different environments
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0/5.1, WebSphere Portal Server 5.0, IBM WebSphere, IBM DB2, Solaris SunOS 5.8, Sun ONE Directory Server 5.1, Sun ONE webserver 6.0, 6.1SP3, Netegrity Site minder Policy Server 5.5, 6.0 .
Client: HSBC, Hyderabad,India Dec 2004– Feb 2006
Role: WebSphere Administrator
- Installed, configured and maintained enterprise applications on IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Web Server in Linux environment and applied fix- packs.
- Setting up Cells, Nodes and Clusters.
- Implemented Cloning, Clustering, Performance tuning and trouble shooting of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0/4.0
- Performed packaging, building, integrating and deploying enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 5.0 that involves EAR, JAR, WAR files using Application Assembly Tool.
- Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management (WLM) including horizontal scaling and vertical scaling.
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources and connection pooling.
- Assisted in performing several different Application Audit in both testing and production environments using WebSphere and Wily Introscope.
- Configured and handled Tivoli Performance Viewer and Resource Analyzer for performance and Log Analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Managed the security and performance optimizations for EJB containers and web applications in IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and Apache web server.
- Monitored for Application core dumps, or forced thread dumps to check for system objects using thread analyzer.
- Administered various log files using Log analyzer.
Environment: WebSphere Application ServerV5.0/4.0, IHS, Wily Introscope, Application Assembly Tool, Oracle 8i, UNIX, Windows2000, iPlanet Webserver.
Java/J2EE Developer, Aug’03-Nov’04
· Worked on the Data Layer and Created Java Classes, which interacts with Data to insert, Update and Select from and to Multiple Data Tables.
· Involved in the iterative/incremental development of Extend application. Participating in the requirement analysis and design meetings. Object modeling of the Extend application using UML with Rational Rose.
· Involved in Improving the coding standards, code reuse, and performance of the Extend application by making effective use of various design patterns.
· Involved in the development of Enterprise Java Beans which comes under Business Layer which will be accessed by the Presentation layer making the MVC architecture rules as Presentation layer should not directly involve with the Data.
· Created Java Server Pages (JSP) for the browser interactions with the engine.
· Used Struts 1.1 exception handling mechanism to handle exceptions in actions classes.
· Worked on Application Server “WebSphere” to deploy the Beans.
· Implemented Java Beans, Servlets to act as the controller in the MVC model.
· Usage of Struts web application framework implementation to build the presentation tier.
· Developed EJBs for the applications and implemented transactions in EJBs.
· Designed and development of the system business logic using EJB concepts.
· Developed Message Driven beans using Topics and Queues.
· Involved in Writing of SQL queries for posting and retrieving of data from database.
· Involved in developing Stored Procedures, functions, Triggers and Packages.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, EJB, MDB, Jakarta Struts1.1, Tiles, XML, IBM WSAD (WebSphere Studio Application Developer) 4.0.3, WebSphere 5.0, DB2 7.1, JMS, MQ Series, Eclipse, Rational Rose (UML), JSTL and JUnit
Bachelor of Engineering
Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University, Hyderabad, India 2003