Six years experience in Software Quality Assurance and Quality Control, Manual and Automated testing, production support outstanding problem solving, analytical, decision making and time management skills, seeking a challenging position as a Software Test Engineer/ Automation Developer. Expertise and strong knowledge on Linux and Windows server deployment, implementation, configure and troubleshooting. CmpTIA A+ Certified Professional with 8 years experience on Software, Hardware, Application, Server and Client system installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
· Complete familiarity and knowledge on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Web/Windows applications.
· Worked with program management, software development, operations management and end users to test and document projects and project enhancements.
· Developed Test Plans, Test Cases of various Business applications.
· Experienced with supporting Test Cycles, Compiling Test Status Reports, participating Defect Status meetings, Project Status meetings and interacting with Project Managers, Operations Teams and Engineers.
· Proficient in different phases of testing: Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Load and Performance Testing and Regression Testing.
· Developed automated Test Scripts Quick Test Professional and automated various Business Flows for E-Commerce activities.
· Used Quality Center, for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting and familiarity with other features of Quality Center and Administration.
· Experienced in developing front end User Interface using HTML.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and works equally well independently or as a team member of a large team. Versatile team player with excellent interpersonal and technical documentation skills and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
· HP Automated and Management Tools - Quick Test Pro (QTP), LoadRunner, Quality Center, Test Director..
· Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Defect Categorization, Reporting, Test coverage, Pre-automation planning, Regression decisions, Defect-tracking to closure.
· Expertise in using SQL queries for fetching data from Database.
· Performed Manual & Automated testing using test cases and test scripts
· Expertise and Experienced in writing Test scripts using VB-Script (QTP) to enhance script performance.
- Created and executed various Quality Assurance measures in various E-Commerce projects.
· Manually tested all the .NET and Java applications.
· Expertise and deploying on troubleshooting OS, Application, Network, DSL, Broadband, ADSL, WAN.
· Expertise on creation of manual requirements traceability matrix.
· Expertise experienced on creating / documenting manually generated test cases and scripts.
· Expertise and Experienced in planning tests, execution, defect/bug tracking and reporting using Quality Center, Test Director
· Experienced in logging defect manually with defect description, defect environment, attaching any error messages or logs and describe the conditions to reproduce the defect and store in an excel or other database format for reference and reporting
· Performance testing results collation and feedback to developers
· Good knowledge of Web Servers, Database Servers, and Application Servers.
· Skilled in proactive identification and resolution of critical systems/network issues.
· Expertise on Windows and Linux Networking including implementation, configuration and troubleshooting.
· Expertise on Server Operating Systems: Redhat Linux Server, Ubuntu Server Configuration, Windows NT 4.0 Server, Windows 2000 (Web, Standard), 2003, 2008R2 Server Implementation and Configuration and troubleshooting.
· Expertise on VM Ware Server, Workstation, Oracle Virtual Box, Hyper V installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
· Implementing and deployment on Cloud Computing.
· Expertise, experienced and deployment Creating Own Virtual Environment
· Expertise and experience on Client OS: Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 95/98/ME, MAC installation, configuration, deployment, troubleshooting.
· Knowledge on Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, VB, C++, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, XML.
· Expertise, deployment and experienced on Backup, Scheduling, RAID 5.
· Test Management Tools: Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner.
· Expertise and deployment on Automated Tools: LoadRunner, QuickTest Professional (QTP).
· Strong experienced on Networking Topologies/ Protocols: Token Ring Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, OSPF, RIP, IGRP, ISDN, PPP and Frame Relay.
· Expertise and strong working knowledge on Hardware and Server: PC, Dell and HP Server, All sorts of printers, scanners, motherboard, RAM, NIC, modem, SCSI-cards, hard drives, Troubleshooting Mid Size and Enterprise Company Server and client configuration.
· Software: Remedy, Microsoft Office Suite, Symantec Ghost, MS Outlook.
· Strong Experience on Server: Web Logic, IIS, Apache, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, VPN, NAT, ISA, Exchange Server, Remote & Routing, FTP, Telnet, SSH, Samba, and others.
· Expertise on installing Software: Different sorts of Installation, Active Directory, Virus Prevention, System Installations and Configurations, Software Configuration, S/F Conversion, Windows 2008/2003/ Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 7, Windows VISTA, Windows XP, Windows 98se and / NT4/ Installation/ Up gradation. Software Diagnostics, Statistical Reporting, System Upgrades, FTP/HTTP, Backup and Restoring Data. Internet Explorer 5/6/7. Netscape Navigator, Outlook 98/2000/XP, Mozilla, thunderbird, Opera, Photoshop and CorelDraw. MS Office Suite.
· Hardware: Repairs, services, and restored parts, boards, and equipment for Dell, Compaq, Hewlett Packard, Toshiba, Packard Bell, and Xerox. Arranging workstations and Hubs, Constructing and Testing, Computer Configuration, Assembly. PC H/W Designs and Arrangement, Desktop Maintain. Maintenance & Repair, H/W Installation & Configuration, Scanners, Printers, Webcams, Optical tools and Modems (DSL & Dial-up) configuration. DVD/CD/RW Memory Chips, SCSI/IDE/EIDE Hard Drives, SCSI Manager Cards, Tape Backups Drives software-hardware configuration. PDA, Bluetooth, Touchpad, Infrared configuration. Wi-Fi, Wireless Routers, and Access-point setup, configuration & authentication.
· Networking & CISCO: The Communications Security, OSPF, PPP, EIGRP/ IGRP, CHAP. Multi-level Security Sys, PAP, IPSEC, RIP, CSU/DSU, ISO/OSI Levels, Precautionary Maintenance, Cisco 2600, 3000, Routers, System upgrading, Cisco 2900, 3500, 5000 Switches. LAN, Wireless, Networking, Technologies. Network Security, WAN & LAN, VPN, N/W, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Ethernet, Peer to Peer N/Ws, Router Configuration, ADS/ISDN, Client-Server Technology.
CareFirst, Washington, DC January 2010– Present Position: Software Automation Engineer
- Reviewed Business Requirement and Software Specification Requirements. Developed Test Plans, involved in the creation and execution of test cases to facilitate both positive and negative testing.
- Worked with HP Quality Center for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results.
· Executed the test cases and interaction with the coding team to report and correct errors for every Version release.
· Prepared test Conditions, the high level capabilities of the systems based on the Systems requirement.
· Executed and updated Test Cases and execution steps as per requirement for all releases.
- Involved in preparing High Level Test Plan based on user requirement documents.
- Involved in Black box testing, White box testing, Grey box testing, GUI Testing, Unit testing, Functionality, Integration, Regression, System, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) testing during the various phases of the application.
- Involved in executing various Test Cases with various operating systems and different versions of IE and FF.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and analyzing UAT, Database Checkpoints, and Data Driven Test Scripts for all the projects using Quick Test Professional.
- Developed automated Data driven Frameworks to perform Functional Testing, and Regression Testing of the application using Quick Test Professional.
- Created custom functions, dictionary objects, descriptive programming extensively using VB Scripts for QTP automation scripts from the scratch.
· Created VUGen scripts, used manual and automatic correlation and parameterization techniques in generating the test scripts for LoadRunner.
· Executed LoadRunner scenarios using LoadRunner to perform Stress and scalability test.
· Worked with LoadRunner Controller for configuring and execution of performance test scenarios with multiple virtual users and multiple virtual user scripts, managed and collected metrics for the various system monitors.
· Used LoadRunner to analyze the response times of the business transactions under load; developed reports and graphs to present the stress test results to the management.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status on an ongoing basis when necessary.
- Maintained an accurate audit trail of defects and resolutions.
· Used Load Runner for Load and performance testing.
· For Load testing and performance testing Load balancer was used to test this Web application.
· Interacted with Team lead and developers while testing the application
· Prepared Status Reports Every Week which includes Revision History, Test case status, Issues and Defects
· Used SQL Queries to verify the data from Oracle database.
- Participated in regular Project Status Meetings related to testing
Environment: VS.NET, Java, Quality Center, LoadRunner, QTP, DOORS, Netscape, and UNIX/Windows XP, Web Logic, TOAD, PL/SQL, XML, WAN, WebSphere, SQL Server.
Wachovia, Charlotte, NC August 2007-December 2009 Position: Software HP/Test Engineer
Environment: HTML, Mercury Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Windows, Internet Explorer.
· Reviewed Software Requirement Specification Document and developed Test Execution Strategy and Test Cases
· Involved in developing the Functional Test Plans and Test Requirements documents.
· Prepared the Test Strategy Document, Test Cases and Test Cases Execution for all the Modules
· Planed, tested, documented and maintained multiple internal applications.
· Gathered requirements, designed, and developed applications. Involved in frequent meetings with the developers for update on the requirements.
· Analyzed user requirements and functional specifications to create Test Cases and procedures for System Testing.
· Attended review meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the status of the project.
· Performed BLACK BOX, GUI, Functionality, Regression Testing, UAT testing (User Acceptance Testing) and Implementation.
· Interacted with business analysts to obtain specific system specifications/requirements.
· Wrote test scenarios and test cases for the project.
· Executed Manual Test cases to thoroughly test various modules.
· Analyzed defects and test execution reports to identify project risk and escalate to Project manager.
· Tracked and reported bugs using Quality Center, conducted Defect Status Review meetings.
· Created test policies and selected existing policies for regression testing.
· Developed Test Scripts and conducted Regression testing for various application modules using Quick Test Professional.
· Tested the functionality Page Navigation objects and created QTP Scripts for Regression and used across the application.
· Prepared Test Cases and Test Scripts and maintained in the Quality Center.
· Created QTP scripts of Web pages.
· Interacted with Team lead and developers while testing the application.
· Prepared Status Reports Every Week, which includes Revision History, Test case status, metrics, QA Issues and Defects.
· Wrote PL/SQL queries for setting of Data Loads in Integration Test Box.
· Responsible for Trouble Shooting, resolving the Production issues and involved with the Users to get System requirements
· Created and Designed Test Plans, Test Cases and Tracked Defects using Quality Center.
· Investigated software bugs and interfaced with developers to resolve the server one defects before updating to Quality Center.
· Designed, developed and executed windows, menu and response checks
· Performed Front-end Integration Testing with backend Database by passing SQL Queries.
· Tracked the defects in a defect-tracking tool and conducted regression testing.
· Involved in creating Vuser to check the load on the application using Load Runner.
· Performed Load, Stress, and Performance testing using LoadRunner.
· Analyzed Throughput Graph, Hits per Second graph, Transactions per second graph and Rendezvous graphs using LoadRunner Analysis tool.
· Used Ramp-up and Ramp-down features in the LoadRunner Controller to allow scaling of users up and down at the start and end of test.
· Enhanced the VUser Scripts by Parameterization, Correlation, Error Handling, and usage of Rendezvous Points in LoadRunner.
· Written various Test Criteria documents and prepared the Load Test reports to ensure and meet previous benchmarks.
Best Buy, Richmond, VA September 2005-Jul 2007 Position: HP/Test Engineer
· Involved in developing Test Plans and Test Scripts for testing the entire application manually.
· As a QA team member responsible for testing the entire application as per the business requirements.
· Involved in writing Test plans, creating Test scripts, Team Co-ordination, Training and Technical Writing / Documentation were major responsibilities.
· Responsible for carrying out manual testing like Integration Testing, Performance testing during various phases of testing.
· Generated Automation scripts for Regression Testing using QTP as the automation Tool.
· Involved in Capturing Events and Played Back Scripts.
· Interacted with developers and various members of my team to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities.
· Tested the system using SQL for back end Testing.
· Defect tracking and reported using Quality Center as per the priority such as: 1.Critical; 2. Major; 3. Average; 4. Minor; 5. Cosmetic.
Biptel LLC May 2004 to August 2005 Position: Network Admin
· Troubleshooting and Configure Windows Server and implement Different kind of services like
· DNS, DHCP, VPN, Remote and Routing, IIS implementation.
· VOIP SWITCH setup and implement, Client configuration for VSR, VS Portal, Call shop, DID, Tariff, Dialing Plan, Call back configuration, Calling Card implementation.
· MySQL Server installation and implementation.
· Scheduled & Different kind of Backup.
· Virus, Spyware checking and regular update.
· Firewall configuration and implementation.
· Proving Online customers support based on requirements.
· Solving ticket based on client requirement.
· Installed and Configured desktop PC's, determined hardware/software problems, troubleshoot connectivity problems, and make sure user fulfillment.
Certification and Training Course:
· Diploma: Advanced Diploma on Computer Science, Informatics Computer School (Singapore)
· Degree: Advanced Diploma on Information Communication Technology awarded by (NCC) UK.
· Bachelor of Commerce (National University)
· CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
· Windows 2000 Professional Training Course From American New Horizons
· Windows 2000 Server Training Course From American New Horizons
· Windows 2000 Server Implementation and Infrastructure Training Course From American New Horizons
· Red Hat Linux 7.2 Training Course from American New Horizons
· CCNA Training Course FROM CSL
· Microsoft Office XP Certification
· Graphics Design Certification